Pleasant Street Reconstruction Project - April 20, 2017
As of Thursday April 20, 2017 the following work has occurred:
- Repaired and lined the existing sewer.
- Verizon installed new utility poles between Main Street and Cambridge Street.
- Installed new 8-inch water main and services from Main Street to Groton Street.
- Installed new drainage structures and pipe from Main Street to Groton Street.
- National Grid installed a new gas main and services between Main Street and Groton Street.
- Replaced drainage infrastructure in the intersection of Groton Street.
- Removed existing sidewalk and curbing.
The following work is anticipated starting Monday, April 24th:
- Reclamation and binder course paving - Monday, April 24th through Wednesday, April 26th
P.J. Keating will be reclaiming and grading the roadway from Main Street to approximately 200-feet north of Groton Street on Monday and Tuesday. Binder course pavement will be installed on Wednesday (weather permitting). The road will be accessible to local residents/businesses during construction (7 AM and 5 PM); however, it is advisable to seek alternate routes if possible. There will be police officers on site to direct traffic and signs indicating the detour route. There will be varying road conditions, so please travel with caution.
- The Contractor will adjust castings and begin installing new curbing.
NO on-street parking will be allowed during construction. Local access will be allowed. Detours will be setup as necessary and detail officers will be onsite to direct traffic.
The Ayer DPW appreciates your cooperation during this important project. If you have any questions, please call the Ayer DPW at 978-772-8240 (7:30 to 3:30) or email DPW@ayer.ma.us