The Ayer Transfer Station will be extending its open hours on Wednesday’s until 7:00PM beginning on July 6th! The Transfer Station will maintain its normal operating hours of 7:00AM to 3:00PM on Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
The Town of Ayer offers a lower cost alternative to expensive curbside trash collection. The Transfer Station, located at 100 Groton Harvard Road, accepts household trash, recyclables, and other waste materials at a centralized location.
Access requires an annual permit. Highlights include:
- Pay As You Throw trash bags are used to encourage recycling and allow you to manage your waste disposal costs
- No additional charge to drop off recycling at our Zero Sort compactor
- No additional charge for leaf and brush drop off
- No additional charge for compost disposal
- The Take It or Leave It shed where you can drop off your used items (good condition) and browse for treasure
- Disposal of bulk items including appliances, furniture, mattresses and electronics for a nominal fee
- Disposal of tires (nominal fee) and waste oil (no charge)
If you are interested in more information, visit www.ayer.ma.us/transfer-station or call the DPW at 978-772-8240