Beginning Monday September 12
The Ayer DPW will be conducting road paving this Fall. Work will commence the week of September 12th and is anticipated to continue through the week of October 17th. The following streets are included in the paving schedule, in accordance with the Town’s pavement management plan.
- Central Avenue (from Columbia Street to approximately 60 Central Ave) Mill and Overlay, Sidewalks
- Pleasant Street (from 62 Pleasant Street to Howard Street) Reclamation, Sidewalk
- School Street (from Prospect Street to Pirone Park) Mill and Overlay
- Page Street Reclamation
- Westford Road (from New England Way to Willow Road) Mill and Overlay
The tentative work schedule for the next two weeks is as follows and is subject to change:
Week of 9/12, starting on the 13th
- Excavating sidewalks on Central Ave followed by Pleasant Street
- Milling on School Street and Central Ave
Week of 9/19
- Reclaim and pave binder on Pleasant and Page Streets
- Adjusting structures on Central Ave and School Street
- Overlay paving on School Street
Please seek alternative routes. Police details will be onsite to direct traffic.
During construction, there will be varying road conditions. Please travel with caution.
DPW will provide regular construction updates as the work progresses. Traffic flow will be maintained as much as possible. Notification will be given in advance of any required detours.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Public Works at 978-772-8240.