View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 8am - 3pm
- Thursday: 8am - 4pm
- Friday: 8am - 2pm
How to Reach Us
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8am - 3pm
Tuesday: 8am - 3:30pm
Wednesday: 8am - 3pm
Thursday: 8am - 3:30pm
Friday: 8am - 2pm
Main Office: (978) 772-8260
Dial-a-Ride: (978) 772-8261
MART van pickups: (978) 772-8261
Fax: (978) 772-8246
Address: Ayer Council on Aging, 18 Pond Street Rear, Ayer, MA 01432
The mission of the Ayer Council on Aging is to enhance the quality of life for the Ayer seniors. To accomplish this, ongoing activities, services, educational programs, and outreach are offered at our Community Senior Center . All seniors in Ayer community are welcome.
Lunch is served at the Council 5 days a week at 12:00 p.m. Please call 978-772-8260 at least 24 hours in advance to order a meal. The lunch menu is located in our monthly newsletter, but is subject to change. We ask for a $3.00 donation. We are now serving home cooked meals the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month! Please call Michael at 978-772-8260 a week in advance for a reservation. The cost is still only $3.00.
- Exercise Class - We have a free exercise class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's. No sign up required for class, and everything is provided here.
- Advanced Class 9:00am - 10:00am
- Beginner Class 10:15am - 11:00am
- Adult Coloring - On Tuesday's from 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. Includes everything you will need. Also if you would like to do your own knitting, needlepoint etc...
- Bingo - We have Bingo here for all on Thursday from 1:00 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Blood Pressure Clinic - The third Friday of the Month. Free and no appointment is necessary.
- Shopping - Pickups start at 1:30 and appointments are a must
- Walmart & Hannaford every second and third Tuesday of the month
- Market Basket in Littleton every Wednesday
- Loaves & Fishes - first and third Saturday. Pickups start at 7:30am - by appointment only
Call (978)772-8261 for all Van Pickups
The MART van is available five days a week, by appointment only during business hours. We need at least 24 hours in advance for an appointment (no same day appointment please!) Charges are $1.00 in Ayer, each stop and $2.00 each stop out of Ayer
A Shine Counselor is available by appointment to go over questions and concerns about Medicare and Medicaid. Please call 978-772-8260 to make an appointment. Do Not Wait Until It’s Too Late! Trained SHINE volunteers offer free, confidential counseling on all aspects of Medicare and Medicare-related health insurance programs. To schedule a SHINE appointment, call your local Senior Center. For other SHINE related matters, call 1-800-AGE-INFO (1-800-243-4636), then press or say 3. Once you get the SHINE answering machine, leave your name and number. A volunteer will call you back as soon as possible.
Important Notice About Medicare:
Do Not Ignore Medicare Mail! It’s that time of year again! If you have a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan or a Medicare Advantage Plan (HMO, PPO), you should expect information from your plan by the end of September. This information is important because it explains changes in your plan for 2017. During Medicare Open Enrollment (October 15 - December 7), you will have a chance to CHANGE your plan for next year. SHINE Counselors can help you understand your plan changes, as well as other options you may have. Call early to get a SHINE appointment during Open Enrollment!
|Karin Dynice-Swanfeldt||Executive Director|
|Jean Wesinger||Outreach Coordinator|
|Amanda Norton||Exercise Coordinator|
|Sam Parr||MART Van Coordinator|
|Jane Morriss||Nutrition Coordinator|
|Deb Keohane||MART Van Coordinator|
Sister Paula McCrea
Board of Directors
Sister Paula McCrea