Prospect and Oak Street Infrastructure Project
September 4, 2019
- Saw-cutting pavement to prepare for trench excavation.
- Water Main installed and tested.
- Replacement of water services from water main to the property line, including replacement of curb stop.
- Cured-in-place pipe liner (CIPPL) installed in sewer mains.
- Drainage installed.
- Demolished existing sidewalk and curbing.
- Reclaimed and graded the roadway.
- Installed binder course pavement.
- Raised structures to final grade.
Upcoming Work Anticipated:
- Continue installing curbing.
- Continue preparing sidewalk base.
- Begin setting forms for concrete sidewalks and driveway aprons, likely start pouring concrete on Monday, September 9th.
- information regarding concrete sidewalk and driveway apron installation:
- The contractor will notify each homeowner at least 24-48 hours prior to the start of the sidewalk work across your driveway. Once concrete work occurs within your driveway no vehicular access will be possible for a minimum of 3 days. This time is necessary for form work, concrete installation, and curing time for the concrete.
- During work on your driveway, residents will be required to park either on adjacent streets or on neighboring driveways even during evening hours, including weekends. All residents are encouraged to seek assistance from each other in providing temporary parking.
- Parking within the project limits will not be permitted. The contractor will provide a means of temporary access across the new sidewalk where necessary.
Work will be conducted Monday through Friday between 7:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Temporary trench paving will occur on Friday’s or before Holidays.
Street parking will be limited during construction. Detours will be setup as necessary and detail officers will be onsite to direct traffic.
The Ayer DPW appreciates your cooperation during this important infrastructure project. If you have any questions, please call the Ayer DPW at 978-772-8240 (7:30 to 3:30) or email DPW@ayer.ma.us